If the Milford High School girls indoor track team is to successfully defend its Class IMS title, it could do so on the legs of its relay teams.
The Spartans enter Sunday’s championship meet at Dartmouth College with all three relay teams ranked in the top five, including a No. 1 ranking in the 4×800 and a No. 2 ranking in the 4×160. Milford has 10 individuals qualified for at least one event, led by Briana Corron in the 55-meter dash (ranked No. 2) and the long jump (No. 3).
Three locals will go head-to-head in the shot put, with Hollis/Brookline’s Julia Bury, Souhegan’s Isabella Stuopis and Milford’s Katy Keller ranked three, four and five, respectively, in the event.
The following have qualified for Sunday’s meet:
- Briana Corron, 55-meter dash (T2nd) and long jump (3rd).
- Peggy Lai, 3,000-meter run (6th) and 1,500 (10th).
- Courtney Hawkins, 1,500-meter run (5th) and 1,000 (8th).
- Amanda Clark, high jump (T1st).
- Cecelia Muller, high jump (T5th).
- Katy Keller, shot put (5th).
- Cassie Sebas, 55 (T11th).
- Cassandra Wright, 3,000 (13th).
- Dina Pitsas, 300 (12th)
- KaJay Rooke, 55 hurdles (T22nd).
- Milford also has teams in the 4×400 (5th), 4×160 (2nd) and 4×800 (1st).
- Isabella Stuopis, shot put (4th).
- Kelsey Knight, 55 hurdles (T9th).
- Hillary Wilson, 1,000 (11th).
- Csilla Va’mos, 3,000 (12th).
- Jade Humphreys, 300 (12th).
- Angela Blume, 600 (14th).
- Souhegan also has teams in the 4×400 (16th), 4×160 (9th) and 4×800 (7th).
- Julia Bury, shot put (3rd).
- Felicia Lombardi, 3,000 (11th) and 1,500 (12th).
- Lyndsay Vasquez, long jump (T14th) and 300 (19th).
- Devin MacDonald, 55 hurdles (T22nd).
- H/B also had teams in the 4×400 (13th), 4×160 (T3rd) and 4×800 (10th).