A year ago, it was the Milford High School girls track team that surprised the state by winning the Class IMS indoor track meet.
This year, it’s the Spartans boys team that has a chance to bring home a title.
Milford has eight individuals qualified in 10 different events, along with a team in all three relays, all of which are ranked in the top 10. The Spartans strength appears to be in the distance events, where they have three runners qualified in the 600-meter run, one in the 1,000, two in the 1,500 and two in the 3,000. Milford is also ranked No. 1 in the 4×800 relay.
The Spartans also have runners ranked high in other events – Max Goudreau is ranked second in the 55, Parker Lyttle is ranked third in the high jump and Tom St. Cyr is ranked fourth in both the long jump and the 55 hurdles.
Souhegan’s strength is in the sprints and jumps, with Michael Peret leading the way for the Sabers. Peret is ranked No. 1 in the 55, the 300 and the high jump and runs a leg of the Sabers’ top-ranked 4×160 relay team.
Joining Peret is Chris Chininis, who is ranked in the long jump, the 55 and the 300, and Dennis Elverson, who qualified in the 300.
Sean Quinn of Hollis/Brookline is qualified in four individual events while the Cavaliers have a team qualified in all three relays.
The following have qualified for Sunday’s Class IMS championship meet at Dartmouth College:
- Max Goudreau, 55-meter dash (2nd), 300 (17th) and long jump (11th).
- Tom St. Cyr, long jump (4th) and 55 hurdles (4th).
- Parker Lyttle, high jump (3rd).
- Nick Muller, 1,000-meter run (10th), 1,500 (10th) and 600 (13th).
- Connor Jackson, 3,000-meter run (10th) and 1,500 (15th).
- Connor Crowley, 600 (3rd).
- Corey Hahnl, 3,000 (9th).
- Conor Dannis, 600 (13th).
- Milford also has teams in the 4×400 (7th), 4×160 (10th) and 4×800 (1st).
- Michael Peret, 55-meter dash (1st), 300 (1st) and high jump (1st).
- Chris Chininis, 55-meter dash (8th), 300 (15th) and long jump (6th).
- Dennis Elverson, 300 (19th).
- Souhegan also has teams in the 4×400 (9th), 4×160 (1st) and 4×800 (9th).
- Sean Quinn, 3,000-meter run (5th), 1,500 (8th), 600 (10th) and 1,000 (12th).
- H/B also has teams in the 4×400 (20th), 4×160 (24th) and 4×800 (12th).