The only chance the other Class L girls track teams might have in stopping Bishop Guertin from winning its eighth straight indoor title might be to band together and compete as one.
The Cardinals enter Sunday’s championship meet at Dartmouth College with at least one athlete ranked in the top six of every event but two. That includes three relay teams that are ranked no worse than fourth.
Leading the way is junior Cecilia Barowski, the top seed in the 55-meter dash, the 300 and the 600 and the No. 2 seed in the 1,000. Beth McKenna, Melissa LaCoste, Courtney Veilleux and Kaitlin Allen are also all seeded in the top six of at least one event.
Merrimack and Nashua North could pose the biggest threat to the Cardinals among local teams.
The Tomahawks are led by Kailey Blain, who is seeded in the top five of the long jump, 55 and 300; Lauren Calvino, who is ranked second in both the 1,500 and 3,000; and Emily Pollard, who is seeded fourth in the 1,000 and 600.
Ivy Muchuma is seeded No. 1 in the shot put and second in the long jump for the Titans, while teammate Jen Gagnon is ranked fourth in the shot put.
Alvirne and Nashua South also have a handful of athletes qualified to compete in the championship meet.
The following have qualified for Sunday’s meet:
- Cecilia Barowski, 55-meter dash (1st), 300 (1st), 600 (1st) and 1,000 (2nd).
- Courtney Veilleux, 3,000 (4th), 1,500 (7th), 600 (11th) and 1,000 (16th).
- Kaitlin Allen, 1,500 (6th), 3,000 (6th), 1,000 (T8th) and 600 (14th).
- Beth McKenna, 55 hurdles (T2nd) and high jump (T5th).
- Sarah Burke, 1,000 (7th), 1,500 (11th) and 600 (T12th).
- Melissa LaCoste, high jump (4th).
- Leslie Mei, 300 (7th).
- Hannah Moriarty, 1,500 (10th) and 3,000 (15th).
- Mary Holleran, long jump (11th).
- Leah Ferrara, 1,500 (13th) and 3,000 (15th).
- BG also has teams in the 4×400 (2nd), 4×160 (3rd) and 4×800 (4th).
- Ivy Muchuma, shot put (1st), long jump (2nd) and 55 hurdles (T7th).
- Sandra Van Den Heuvel, 1,500 (5th), 1,000 (6th) and 3,000 (9th).
- Jen Gagnon, shot put (4th).
- Louise Van Den Heuvel, 1,000 (T8th) and 600 (10th).
- Tatiana Escalante, 55 (T7th).
- North also has teams in the 4×400 (12th), 4×160 (10th) and 4×800 (8th).
- Lauren Calvino, 3,000 (2nd), 1,500 (2nd) and 1,000 (5th).
- Emily Pollard, 1,000 (4th), 600 (4th) and 300 (T10th).
- Kailey Blain, 55 (4th), 300 (4th) and long jump (5th).
- Hannah Lynch, long jump (8th).
- Jacqueline DeGrandpre, 3,000 (12th).
- Lauren Perry, 600 (18th).
- Merrimack also has teams in the 4×400 (4th), 4×160 (T6th) and 4×800 (6th).
- Michelle Filadoro, 55 hurdles (T10th).
- Amanda Roberts, long jump (15th).
- Emily LaPlant, 1,000 (17th).
- Kendall Brigham, 300 (T18th).
- Alvirne also has teams in the 4×400 (14th), 4×160 (4th) and 4×800 (10th).
- Caitlin Rush, 600 (T16th).
- South also has teams in the 4×400 (13th) and 4×160 (16th).